There are several visas available for tourists when entering Australia. They are listed below;
- Tourist subclass (subclass 676)
- Sponsored Family Visitor (subclass 679)
- Sponsored Business Visitor (Short Stay) (subclass 459)
- Electronic Travel Authority (Business Entrant) (subclass 956 and 977)
- Electronic Travel Authority (Visitor) (subclass 976)
- E-Visitors (subclass 651)
The Electronic Travel Authority (ETA) is an ‘invisible’, electronically stored authority for travel to Australia for short term business or tourist entry.
The main criteria for eligibility of an ETA visa is an ‘ETA eligible passport’: the applicant must hold a passport from an eligible country to be eligible for an ETA visa.
To qualify for a subclass 676 Tourist visa, the applicant must satisfy the Department of Immigration and Citizenship that they have a genuine intention to visit Australia.
Applicants for a tourist visa must also satisfy the Public Interest Critiera.